You guys, listen here. Supporting the ISF is one very good thing to do, but you have to recognize that there are certain rules in place for our good and the good of the entire foundation. That said, you must read this to the very end. Ignorance is no excuse, so read on.
1. Pursuant to the explanations I got from the coordinators and the Executive Director, it is confirmed that you may not call yourself a volunteer until such time that you have received a volunteer agreement, and have duly accomplished and sent it back to the ISF.
2. All projects, tweets or anything concerning the ISF have to be cleared with the coordinators, and eventually the Executive Director. That goes for ISF Teams, Twitter accounts and all projects being planned. Everyone who wishes to be affiliated, even in the most minor way, must inform the coordinators, or at the very least tell Devon so she can forward it to the right people. The ISF is a company and using its name has legal consequences if not done in accordance with the law.
3. The foundation is in the process of releasing a code of conduct which everyone must follow. We, yes I am including myself in this, must all read through it when it is ready. The ISF can legally impose a cease order on all who do not follow it when it is released.
4. The logo of the foundation may not be used without approval. Such content is copyrighted. In addition, it may cause confusion. Once the code of ethics gets released, we will see the final ruling on this, but better to stay safe. Intellectual property rights are a dicey business, let’s keep safe. Twibbons are allowable, however.
4. Please follow the rules. As an example of what might happen, if anyone chains themselves to a tree and prevents it from getting cut down, then says that they are part of the ISF, they are not only putting themselves in danger, but also jeopardizing the entire foundation. I got this example from Devon’s mom. Take heed, don’t be radical.
5. All questions can be capably answered by the coordinators. Forward your queries and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org wait for a response from them. The coordinators are busy, but will respond to you. Patience is a virtue. That would be a good motto during this time.
6. Lastly, the foundation wishes to express its thanks for all of the amazing support and the extremely positive response to the Ian Somerhalder Foundation. Let us all express such support in a legal and mutually-beneficial manner.
* The material in this post was gleaned from the ISF Kids Army Twitter account and the coordinators. As stated before, ignorance is not an option, neither is it excusable. Keep these things in mind. Thanks for reading!
POLISH VERSION/POLSKA WERSJA: